Sunday, 23 March 2014

My Milkshake Brings All The Boys To The Yard


Last week I went on a road trip with the Lad up the Yorkshire Coast (if you've never been, you must).

One of the things I did - at first on the off chance - to make the trip memorable was to have a milkshake at every tea shop we stopped in. On previous family holidays, we used to use a tea shop cream tea as a ranking system for how good the holiday/town/trip was, so using milkshake was a way of incorporating the ranking system into my couples holiday.

(At this stage, I'd like to acknowledge how weird my family sound)

I always see milkshake as a treat. It's always a little bit more expensive than everything else on the drinks list, excepting alcoholic beverages, so I went all out and in two days I had maybe, four.

Pickering, Whitby, Robin Hoods Bay and Filey all used the powdered version of milkshake (the one you add to a bit of milk and hey presto!) which was disappointing seeing as the mix is about £2 in ASDA and one cup of the stuff generally seemed to cost about £3.

The only place I got a real milkshake from was Scarborough. A beautiful mix of milk, ice cream, banana and whipped cream landed in front of me. Jeez, heaven.

So, if you're ever in Scarborough and fancy a milkshake, Cafe View is the place to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test