Thursday, 22 May 2014

REVIEW: Rimmel Gel Eyeliner


I'm a long time fan of eyeliner. Only recently have I begun wearing eyeshadow instead. But, I keep going back to my fail safe eyeliner whenever I'm in a rush. A lot of people might say that's stupid because it takes a long time to get eyeliner just right - having used it daily for the past ten years, I like to think I'm a pro. 5:30am ain't got nothin on my skillz. 

However, and that is a massive however, I've only ever used the Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eyeliner. I love the nib, the colour, the staying power, the washing off power. Everything about it suits me and what I want.

So why'd I go out and buy this gel liner then? Well, Rimmel is obviously a fav when it comes to eyeliner anyway and I've always wanted to try it, okay?

Using a brush instead of a felt tip is weird. I'm still getting used to that. I don't think the colour is very true, but it might just be my application. I do love that with the brush I can make a devilish cat flick with no effort whatsoever. That's awesome. I think the little brush it comes with is fairly rubbish, but again, I'm still getting used to it. I like that it's smudgeable instead of wipeoffable.

I've been using this for a week so far and although it's good, I'm definitely going to stay with my liquid alternative. Soz, gel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test