Wednesday, 25 June 2014

BAKE: Chocolate Brownies



Firstly, I'm allergic to chocolate cake. It makes me super sick and I don't like hugging toilets so I avoid eating it. No chocolate birthday cakes for me.

However, a little while ago, whomever was picking my online Tesco order a few weeks back gave me two milk, two white and two dark chocolate bars rather than three milk and three white. Cheers, love. I hate dark chocolate. Trying to make my snacks healthier? Cheers again.

But the other day I decided 'hmm, I'd really like to eat some brownies'. Not a thought I think everyday so I acted upon it pretty fast.

This recipe is from the Good Housekeeping Baking Book and I tweaked it a bit so I was more likely to be able to eat it and keep it down:

2 bars of really cheap dark chocolate
A spoonful of a malted drink
50ml oil
4 eggs
150g light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
75g plain flour
Quarter tsp of baking powder

1. Melt the chocolate.

2. Bash the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whisk until it gets thick. Sift the flour, baking powder and malt drink into the mix and fold altogether.

3. After letting it cool for a bit pour the melted chocolate into the mix and fold it in with a metal spoon until it's just got to a consistent colour. Don't overmix.

4. Pop it all into a shallow tin lined with grease proof paper and bake for 20 minutes at 200 degrees C.

5. Cut into squares before it cools and nomnom it down (preferably with ice cream)!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, these just look so so so scrummy Joanna x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test