Monday, 7 July 2014

LIFE: Life expectations



The other day my colleague got promoted. I'm super happy for him, obvs, but it also makes me question my motives.

I didn't go for it.

Why? I don't know. I suppose self belief is my biggest downfall. I'm the B grade girl, not an A* outperformer. Good, but not quite good enough.

I'm happy that he's happy he got the job and I'm also happy that I'm happy I didn't.

I know I have no career expectations. I will probably still be working where I do throughout the next several years and I'm okay with that.

I have life expectations though. I hope to marry, have babies, spend time with those babies, work around those babies lives and live mine to the full too.

Work is good, but life is better.

1 comment:

  1. "Work is good, but life is better" nice life philosophy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test