Wednesday, 30 July 2014

LIFE: Travel


I'm just going to come clean and say I hate travelling. It makes me so nervous. I hate that there are so unknowns. I know that for some that level of risk is what makes travelling so enjoyable, but it makes my stomach wring itself out and my heart sink.

Today I'm at a conference for work. I had to stay over last night and that worried me - would I have time to wash my hair? Will there only be white towels? Will my mascara make a mess of them? Will there only be one pillow? Will I be too warm, too cold? What time do I need to set my alarm?

Usually I'm okay. I can hide behind the Lad or my mum when I go abroad/away. This time I couldn't.

I'm sort of glad. It made me realise that that's who I am. I'm a worrier. I will never like coach travel. I will never make friends with people on the first, second or third meeting. I like being on my own. I'm not as funny as I think I am. I love cooked breakfasts. I have a 'thing' for miniatures. I will always wake up two minutes before my alarm.

If I hadn't have been alone, I wouldn't have learnt those things and I'm glad I feel good about them.

2 comments:

  1. my dear your blog is amazing !!!

    just come across your blog and I love it your design is great

    keep up the good work !!!

    if you have time please feel free to leave me a comment :) http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    keep in touch

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test