Wednesday, 20 August 2014

LIFE: Glimmers of self belief


I've mentioned before about my fairly basic self belief.

The other day, after the childish incident, I was feeling pretty down. Mostly confused, but still down. I was worried that other people see me in the way that my taunter does.

So I went round, as I sometimes do, and asked everyone I know what they honestly thought of me and how they thought I could improve on anything I'm shite at.

No-one said anything bad. A few people said I should be more confident in myself, believe in myself and trust my judgment more (and then spent a long time giving me examples and tips on when I should get my iron fists out). I love that they said those things. 

I posted a status on Facebook the other day stating:

If I keep telling myself "today is a great day" everyday, then everyday will be great and I will be happy.


Maybe.

The only comment I got was:

Today will be a great day because your awesome.

Nine words that lifted my heart so, so high.

(Albeit grammar issues there grate ever so slightly.)

I do not class myself as a popular person. I am not a go-all-out-friend. I keep myself to myself. And to hear those compliments from people at the point I felt completely lost, just totally overwhelmed me. It still does. I'm speechless, but I feel strong.

Surrounding myself with people who believe in me means I'm beginning to see a glimmer of belief in myself.

1 comment:

  1. That was a lovely post! I am not really a confident person either, but I think we should just go out there and enjoy life! Because today is a great day! (;
    Maybe I´ll do that one day as well!
    Marie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test