Sunday, 31 August 2014

LIFE: Lazy Sundays


Lavender reminds me of my late Grandma. She had a row of lavender bushes along the path in front of her house. She used to get me to cut it back in the Autumn and that late summer smell of lavender has always stuck with me.

The year before last, I planted a row of lavender across the front of our house.

I didn't make the connection with Grandma at the time, all I wanted was a nice smelling, bee attracting, pretty hedge at the front to stop people trampling the other bulbs and plants in there (our neighbours seem to think our front garden is a public park).

Today I spent the morning nursing a slight hangover whilst sitting outside and sorting the lavender from the chaff. In a few weeks, once all of the flowers still on the plants have turned,  I'll collect the rest and make little pouches of lavender to pop in the bedding drawers.

It's the simple pleasures in life: a late August sun, a sweet smelling task and a quiet morning.

If only every day could be like today.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love the smell of lavender! I'm so jealous. Great way to spend a sunday. x kayleigh // mylittlejeans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lavender plants are so cheap too! Get one and pop it on your windowsill and next year, you can spend a lazy Sunday making your hands smell divine!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test