Sunday, 3 August 2014

LIFE: the little things count the most.


The Lad and I have been together for seven and a half years. Through that time, I have finished College, gone to and graduated from University and worked my way through seven jobs. I've seen him fail University twice, work through five jobs and discover his favourite hobby - being down the allotment.

We have times when we scream at each other, course we do. However, recently, I've been making an effort to prevent the situations that arguments normally occur in. Instead of rising to the things that usually raise my blood pressure, I've relaxed, taken things more lightly and brushed them off in favour of searching for the positive aspects.

(Something I never thought I'd say.)

EXAMPLE: Instead of yelling at the Lad for leaving all of his dirty dishes and cutlery smothering the worktops after making this pie, I enjoyed the pie and made the effort to help him clear up once we'd eaten. Working together halves the time it takes to make the kitchen presentable and it gives us time to talk together without interruption.

In essence I'm turning the bad into a positive and appreciating those little things more. Saying thank you, laughing at crap jokes, putting the iPad down when we talk. Weirdly, because of this I'm being more inspired by us and the life we have.

Sometimes, appreciating all the little things, even the arguments and dirty pie tins, create the best environment for a happy life.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joanna, I agree creating a happy environment for you both makes your lives more enjoyable :) I've learn to nag less with my partner because no one likes a nag haha.

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test