Wednesday, 22 October 2014

LIFE: Being the breadwinner


Since the Lad quit his job, most people we've told have turned to me and asked what it's like to be the breadwinner.

I always reply with 'well, I've been pretty good at it for the last three years anyway' and they look at me open mouthed.

Yeah, me. I earn and have earnt more than him. So what?

The Lad and I live a comfortable life. We have food in, heating on, clean clothes and keep our property well maintained.

Money is the main cause of arguments in our household. I am part hoarder, part saver whilst he is a fully fledged spender. So although at one point I think our earnings actually evened out to be the same, I have always had more of a financial cushion behind me.

It's just how the cookie crumbled for us.

Now I'm the sole provider I don't feel any different.  It doesn't matter where the money comes from, or who earns it. And it definately doesn't matter if anyone thinks that our situation os a bad one.

1 comment:

  1. very interessting post!

    x Maria
    New outfit post up on my blog
    featuring MY FIRST SUIT
    Let me know what you think about it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test