Sunday, 12 October 2014

REVIEW: Battle of the Face Mask

As a skincare girl rather than a makeup girl (however much I try to be the latter), I have a nice collection of, essentially, the same sort of products in the bathroom cabinet. This time I've grouped all the face masks together.


Boots Simply Sensitive Deep Cleansing - I used to expect a face mask to be robust and cake onto my face before I washed it off. Turns out, it doesn't. This has a creamy texture that is far from robust. Although it moisturises well and I can feel the difference afterwards, I don't really agree with the 'deep cleansing' aspect.

Botanics Deep Cleansing - This is the first mask I ever used. It's thick, cool and really pulls the dirt from the pores. It has a natural smell, one I now associate with masks, which isn't too bad for 'natural' skincare scents. I've repurchased numerous times. Proper old favourite.

Good Things Manuka Honey Radiance - I hit a winner with this as it's a great dupe for Liz Earle's deep cleansing mask (one I couldn't find to put in the photo). I actually think it may be better than the Liz Earle one... It reaches deep into my skin and tightens it all up. It tingles too which is a nice unexpected feature.

Simple Kind To Skin Deep Cleasing - Again, a more moisturising option although not as watery as the Boots version. This acts as a thin film on the skin rather than a classic lumpy clay mask. It almost sinks into the skin - something which I wouldn't associate with a 'Deep Cleansing' mask, and again I'm not so sure that description is entirely accurate. If I were to label this I would put it in the cleanser category, rather than amongst the face masks.

4 comments:

  1. I should really try out the Good Things Manuka Honey Radiance . It sounds amazing!

    Evelin Kivi blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find this very interesting. Great review dear and have a lovely day!
    xo

    www.kelpasdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to check out that botanics one, it is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test