Saturday, 1 November 2014

LIFE: Birthday No. 25


Today I'm twenty five.

It's crazy. Ten years ago I was preparing for my GCSE's. Fifteen years ago I got my first PlayStation. Twenty years ago I remember my first day of school.

It's weird how much has changed in five years even. I've grown so much in these past five years as a person, more than physically (hey, no boobs. still.). I've learnt to say yes as much as I say no. I've learnt that financial security means more to me than food shopping. I've decided that I like cruising through life enjoying the good and working through the bad. 

And, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, and I like that too.

I like the small things more than the big things. My happiness rolls along with the iddybiddy moments. The angle of sunlight in my kitchen when I cook tea, the way our cat looks at me just before feeding time, the smell of my car on a frosty morning. All those small things are things I've come to treasure.

I've done nothing spectacular, but I am proud of what I'm doing, who I've found along the way and the moments I've shared.

Today is a good day and I hope the future holds a load more

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said. Happy birthday! and may you be as happy as you are now for the rest of your life. x kayleigh // mylittlejeans

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test