Tuesday, 25 November 2014

REVIEW: Our haircare staples


I say 'our' haircare staples because The Lad looks after his hair more than anything else on his body/that he owns so his investments are things that he treasures.

The after-wash product he uses the most is the Trevor Sorbie Salt Texture Spray. He has stereotypical Jewish hair - black, thick and curly - and after washing, unless he uses something like Bumble and Bumble Surf Shampoo, his hair is flyaway. The Salt Spray brings his hair back down to earth and back to defined curls and a gritty texture.

The Pantene Instant Damage Defence Conditioning Spray is an alternative to the Dove Spray. This smells similar to watermelon (although, don't trust my nose) and comes in a two part formula that you shake to combine before spraying onto damp hair. I love this as it's light and doesn't weigh my fine hair down.

The Tresemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray (a mouthful or what?) is a new addition to my haircare and another instant love. Not too heavy again, but strong enough so my hair feels smooth and silky after straightening or curling, it's an instant winner.

Finally, once I've got my hair silky straight, I need to add some boosting properties into the mix. The L'Oreal Texture Styling Volume Spray applied underneath my layers gives a quick boost that looks lived in without the greasiness. It's a matt finish and works well when trying to give the hair movement when putting up into a ponytail or a bun, or even clipping back. For texture throughout the day, this isn't the best on sleek straight hair, but to keep curls looking beachy, it's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test