Monday, 19 January 2015

LIFE: MASTER PLAN SIDE B: Eating healthy


Back in my Uni days we planned our meals for the week on a Monday and then shopped at Tesco on a Tuesday evening. This worked well for our budget and our health. For students, we ate well.

Last year, we went from having a comfortable disposable income to being swung in the opposite direction when The Lad became unemployed. So this year I want to bring back out old habits and plan a homemade meal for every night of the week - excepting payday, because that's takeaway night.

With that I need recipe recommendations! Which books do you go back to time and time again? Do you follow food blogs? Know of an excellent easy-to-follow website?

My Ma has set us off on the right foot by giving me the National Trust Recipe Book. It's full of one pot wonders (my personal favourites) and tray baked goodness (more favourites there)!

So goodbye fries, and hello sweet baked potato chips.

1 comment:


  1. Hi,
    I really need to get back in to planning meals and cooking at home more too. I have been eating too many take-away meals! I love any of the 'Hairy Bikers' cookbooks as they are often simple recipes. Also, the BBC Good Food website has a couple of handy sections and thousands of recipes to browse :)
    ( I include links below)
    I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/one-pot

    www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/budget

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test