Monday, 5 January 2015

LIFE: MASTER PLAN SIDE A: Deciding to stop taking the Contraceptive Pill



Last year was pretty turbulent for the Pill and me. 

Our relationship suddenly took a turn for the worse in March time and we basically went downhill from there. Whilst once we were besties and we'd meet up once a day every day, recently it's just been a complete pain. In the past 12 months I've tried: Microgynon, Marvelon, Levest, Cilest and Gedarel.

On all five I have been angry, restless, unapproachable and not 'right'. I haven't been able to settle.

The Lad has always been against the Pill. He believes it makes women completely different from their normal selves. I've always thought this was complete utter tosh. Until a lad at work mentioned his girlfriend had just come off the Pill and she was so much happier - it was weird that they both said exactly the same things despite both lads never, ever having met each other before.

So after a discussion with The Lad, intensive internet research and meeting with my doctor, I've decided that today is the day. I'll come off the Pill. For the first time in over eight years, I'll be me. And I'm scared shitless.

It's been a comfort blanket throughout all the major changes in my life and although it's a weird thing to say about a tiny white blob I eat every morning: I'll miss it. Greatly. I don't know who I'll be, what I'll feel, what I'll dis/like... the possibilities are endless because I don't know what the Pill has actually affected for me. I've been taking it for nearly nine years. So much has changed around me in that time and I've grown up so much that I don't really know who 'I' am.

But, oh well, here's to a New Year and a new me.

3 comments:

  1. I've heard that some people have had some pretty awful experiences with the pill. I found when I came off it that it played havoc with my hormones and gave me terrible acne on my chin, it's scary that we put this stuff in our bodies! So fair play to you for giving it up :)

    Rags of Love-Alternative London Fashion and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still waiting to see what happens. Only thing I have noticed is that I'm super thorough whenever I do anything. Whether that's to do with the time of year or not, I'm not sure, but so far so good for me!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test