Thursday, 15 January 2015

READ #1: Who moved my cheese?


Last year I loved how Bee successfully read her goal of 52 books over 52 weeks. It inspired me. I love reading, but don't give it the time I used to. This year I will read 52 books. Some old, some new, but definately a whole fifty two of them.

So this is the first of 2015.

I was given this by my manager at work. He was told to read it by his manager and he was given it by his manager, so this book has come a long way.

I've read a few self-help books and was sceptical about how helpful this might be. Especially seeing as it was recommended by managers. (Sorrynotsorry there.)

Unsurprisingly, it has the same message as the other books, but surprisingly, makes a good read. Although the moral behind it is solid and quite deep, the way it's written makes it more accessible than other authors manage to make it.

Essentially, it tells you the Nike slogan: Just Do It.

Don't fanny, don't give in to irrational fears, don't linger. Just go for it and see what happens. The worst that can happen is you stay where you are. Just do it.

And because of that, I like it.

1 comment:

  1. I normally wouldn't choose to read self help books. As I'm a stubborn person. And don't really like it when people who don't know me tell me what I should or shouldn't do. But I should make some exceptions on that field as most of those books can really inspire you to step out of your comfort zone and "Just do it". So Imma give this book a try.... x kayleigh // mylittlejeans

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test