Monday, 9 March 2015

COOK: Vegetable Broth


Broth? Wtf even is a broth? I hear you. I don't know. 

I think it could be a mix of a chunky soup and a runny casserole. At least that's how I would describe this. It is a great option for a day when the cold shears through your skin to your bones - it basically consists of lots of veg bashed in the slow cooker for four hours before quickly devouring.

Therefore, also good for the not-so-good-at-fancy-cooking person. Me.


2 carrots
1 leek
2 potatoes
2 litres chicken stock
1 onion
1 parsnip
A handful or so of Pearl Barley
A good splodge of tomato puree
A smattering of herbs
Salt and pepper

To make things even more wholesome, we popped some dumplings on the top to pad it out even more and cooked up some chicken separately.

I found the recipe on the Tesco Real Food website - an awesome place for a plethora of healthy (and not so healthy) recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test