Wednesday, 24 June 2015

BATTLE: The Tinted Moisturiser


I don't know about you, but during the summer months I like to look sun-kissed rather than sun-caked with my makeup. 

The Olay Total Effects 7 in 1, is an awesome product. It's a great tinted moisturiser. Almost like mixing two parts moisturiser with one part foundation. It glides on, settles in and stays for the most part of the day. It makes your skin like your skin on a super good day. I cannot count how many times someone has commented on my skin and how 'good' I'm looking. 

Does make me wonder how shitty I usually look...

The Nivea Tinted Moisturising Day Cream falls short when compared. Although I like the consistency and the smell and the texture; I do not like the colour. I suppose that one shade for all skin tones is setting up for a fail. On me and my super pink, ruddy fair skin, it's orange. It oxidises on my face almost instantly. I've tried more, I've tried less, but with the Olay sitting right next to it, I'm more inclined to pick the Olay up and use that instead of wasting time trying to get the Nivea to work for me.

With the Olay being about £15 and the Nivea being usually around the £4 mark, it's safe to say I got what I paid for. I actually shopped about and got the Olay for about £7 instead which I was super chuffed with and in hindsight I wish I'd picked up another at the time.

In this instance I would actually pay £15 for the Olay. I can see it transitioning nicely into Autumn with the help of a thicker concealer and giving me a bit of a skin perk up when the nights start getting longer.

Wonderful product, definate recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test