Monday, 22 June 2015

OUTFIT: Outfit Details

Scarf, Watch, Earrings, Necklace

The weather in the UK at the moment is typically British - warm when the sun peeks out from behind a cloud, but fairly chilly and sometimes wet the rest of the time. It's lucky when the sun has a good stint out from the clouds and warms up the earth a bit. But then the residential winds whip the majority of that heat away too...

Dressing for this weather is what I call: An Ultimate Gamble.
So, you can either gamble that the weather will stay warm and dry and dress sleeveless with legs out or you can gamble and put that thermal vest on underneath multiple layers and pray that the sun never gets lucky.

My secret to dressing appropriately without getting a chest cold every time I step outdoors is a quality scarf. Not too thick, not too thin and just the right amount of material to enable it to be worn in several different ways. I got this beast from a street stall in Paris about ten years ago. It's a staple in my wardrobe throughout every season. I can wear it as a shawl, wrapped around my neck three times, draped straight over my shoulders (Kanye style), tucked into a belt (Burberry style). The list is endless. If I could find that street stall again and buy a load more, I would. Just because I'm worried one day this one will end up threadbare.

My other secret is gold jewellery. Gold warms the skin, warms the outfit, adds a bit of worth to an outfit. I have a lot of love for gold detailing. It's a must come rain or shine.

I call that: An Ultimate Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test