Sunday, 23 August 2015

LIFE: A Catch Up


I rarely just 'chat' with you in this space. I relay information. The past two months have been hard. I think I've had a mini life crisis.

Things I've thought about that I wouldn't normally think about:

1. Buying a new car
2. Buying a new house
3. Breaking up with the Lad
4. Getting a new job
5. Cutting my hair off
6. Painting our living room black

Those are just a few things I've actually seriously considered.

Then throw in issues at work, my Grandma and my mum both going into hospital, my neighbour going crazy, our being declined for a mortgage, my best friend moving away, sick cats, sick chickens, my car breaking down.

I feel like I should have broken by now.

But I haven't. I'm still here. I don't know how. But, I am.

And despite having all these things falling apart around me, I've actually had some pretty cool things happen too.

Things that I've done that make me happy:

1. I bought houseplants and they're still alive (well, some of them)
2. I got a tan on my legs (never, ever happened before)
3. I've stuck to my resolution of printing my phone pictures out every month
4. We got a credit card to help boost our non-existant credit ratings
5. I'm on track with my 52 books in 52 weeks
6. I bonded with our neighbours and they've started buying me cheese (always a winner)

I've also decided that I love the transition to a new season. 

This week felt like the first tendrils of Autumn were sneaking into the way the sunlight hit the pavement, the way the breeze found some leaves to rattle along the flowerbeds, the way we have the heating on timer again now. 

I love it. I love the excitement. I've loved getting that tan on my legs, but I cannot wait, LITERALLY CANNOT WAIT, to get my tights on and my boots out and my fur lined parka on and trudge about sweating profusely under a million layers.

September, I'm looking forwards to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test