Friday, 25 September 2015

BAKE: Lavender Biscuits


I love lavender.

I have a hedge of it along the path to my front door. I love how people and animals and insects alike love it. It's a good all rounder. I've cut it and put sprigs of it in my car when I've travelled long distance to calm me. I've put it in amongst rice and made my family and friends hand warmers. I've (blates) got little satchets in my top drawer keeping my smalls perfectly scented. The only thing I've never got round to doing with it is eating it.

Cue a random explore on instagram and the uncovering of a lovely internet space My Little Online Tea Room.  Although Sarah found the recipe initially on the Kath Kidston blog (curtesy of the lovely Liv) she tweaked the recipe a fraction, and I too have tweaked it due to what my pantry was/n't currently stocked with.


What you will need:
60g plain flour
50g ground rice
100g butter
50g sugar
A squeeze of lemon
Two or three sprigs of fresh lavender, stalks removed and finely chopped.

To start off with, I mixed the flour, sugar and ground rice together before rubbing in the butter. Once it started getting sticky I squeezed a bit of lemon in there and popped the lavender in too. Then I rolled the whole mix into a ball. I roughly rolled the mix out flat (maybe 5mm thick) and used a scalloped cookie cutter to cut out about twelve biscuits. Bash them in the oven for 10-15 minutes until they're golden and Bob's your Uncle, you've got a fine selection of lavender biscuits to nibble alongside your afternoon cuppa.


If you give this a go, let me know how you get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test