Sunday, 6 September 2015

BAKE: Oat Biscuits



Back in Spring, I posted a recipe for Oat Cookies. I love oats. I love biscuits. Discovering a new recipe for combining my two loves = win. This is originally a gluten free recipe. I adapted it for the ingredients I had in my cupboards - and my tolerance of gluten.

60g plain flour
150g oats
125g butter
85g sugar
1 egg
2tsp cinnamon
1/2tsp baking powder

Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius. Cream the butter and sugar together in one bowl, whilst in another combine all of the other ingredients. It will look crumbly, but that's okay. Then bash both mixes together. It will, again, look like it will never combine, but it will. Then it will look too sticky. Use a load of flour to help you roll out the mix without it sticking to you, the worktop, the rolling pin or the cutter. Pop in the oven for 10 minutes.

Be careful when removing the biscuits from the tray. I found that leaving them to cool on the tray made them easier to manhandle. They're extremely crumbly whilst they're warm, but stay intact when cooled.

Nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test