Tuesday, 22 September 2015

REVIEW: MUA Elysium Palette


I can't say I've ever really tried MUA makeup apart from the usual nail polishes (here) and single eyeliner I tried a few weeks back. But, since I've noticed more and more people using reds and ambers in their eye sockets for an Autumn look, I've been on the hunt for an affordable and wearable eyeshadow palette that I can experiment with.

The MUA Elysium Palette is only £6. It had four matte shades, six shimmer shades and a duel ended eye pencil with eyeliner at one end and a highlighter at the other. For all that I thought it wasn't bad for the money. I was a tad worried about pigment though and whether it would actually stay on my greasy lids.

I'm not going to exaggerate and say this is the greatest autumn palette. It's not. The shimmer shades are basically just shimmer with very little colour beneath it. The matte shades are slightly better, but they're very powdery and tend to accumulate throughout the day into a thick line in my crease rather than staying blended (even after I use a primer).

On the whole though, I'm stoked for £6. A little bit more effort throughout the day and blending on a morning works out at value for money for me and I like the effect it's given my usual everyday eyelined look.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty palette! I love the shades :)

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found MUA eye shadows to crease even with primer and serious blending, but for how cheap they are I guess it's okay. This palette is really pretty as well!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best solution I've found so far is to blend the shadows from the MUA palette with a couple from my Naked Basics so the higher quality shadows support the colouring of the MUA ones. Still crease though, just not as much ;)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test