Thursday, 19 November 2015

SAVE: DIY Christmas #1


We are hosting Christmas this year.

My family are coming for Christmas Dinner and the Lads family are coming for a Boxing Day buffet. I've never allowed so many people in my house. Mainly due to me not really liking our choice of decor or having the time to really clean our home - so the lad's Ma with her 150 million allergies coming round really scares the shit out of me. I don't want her to keel over as soon as she enters our house. And I don't want her to think I keep her son living in a shithole. But, the latter comes under the header of General MIL Stuff.

With our massive clearout still underway I'm positive about how our home standards will be when everyone turns up. However, because we're catering for so many people (on top of usual present giving) I'm focusing my spend on the quality of food, rather than super expensive decoration. 

This copper jar was £2.99 from Home Bargains (their in store copper home selection is mint - I can't find it online), and the woodland pine cone fairy lights were £5 from Wilko's. Looks just as good as this to me, and I reckon the price tag is much more worthwhile too.


Find me here too!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck hosting both Christmas Day and Boxing Day! Love the idea of DIY decorations, so much cheaper than buying them - they're so much more unique as well!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll need all the good luck I can get! Thank you!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test