Thursday, 24 December 2015

LIFE: Christmas in Retail


I have always worked in retail, I have always worked in shops. I mostly love it - though I do not enjoy customers walking in at five to closing time. And I've never enjoyed working over Christmas. 

Last year I had Christmas Day and Boxing Day off and it was a whirlwind of trying to wash uniform whilst cramming in as many people as possible. Not great. Then I had New Years Day and two days holiday to give me three days straight at the beginning of the year - my 'Christmas Holiday'.

This year I have TWO WEEKS off. This has never happened before. Not since I began working.

If you're one of the many who will be going shopping on Boxing Day or New Years Day at the crack of dawn, just be nice to the cashier. Just say thank you. Just ask them easy questions.

For some people, most people, working in retail isn't a choice - its a means to an end - and as much as you really need a new TV in the sale, it's still holiday season for those people behind the till too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test