Wednesday, 30 December 2015

MASTER PLAN 2015: To Be Happy


I set myself four goals over the past year:

1. To stop relying on the pill
2. To read 52 books
3. To eat healthily
4. To improve my home

I think I got a 70% hit rate with those. I took my last contraceptive pill last year and haven't looked back since. I've definately gone all out in trying to make my house a home filled with things that make us want to spend time here. I'm currently on my forty eighth book this year - disappointed not to have hit the fifty two target, but still pleased overall with reading more than ten times the amount of books I've read overall in the past five years! 

Eating healthily is probably the only one we've not really pushed ourselves at. 

We've taken a different tac towards this than I intended at the beginning of the year - instead of eating at home, we've explored our home town more culinarily than I ever thought we would and it's been super enjoyable. Though, admittedly, not too healthy. We haven't been going all out eating takeaways or ordering a burger every night, but we've spent a lot more time finding new, different restaurants to eat at instead of trying to refine our home cooking which is what I aimed for. I was hoping that by planning our meals more thoroughly we'd reduce the amount of waste we produce and I've failed at that part too.

Overall though, I think that an almost 3/4 hit rate is pretty good and I'll be rolling over the 'eat healthily' goal for next year.

In the meantime though, here's some of the most popular posts from this year:

For those looking for a new shampoo.

For those looking for an affordable eyeshadow palette.

For those of you wanting to become a little bit crafty.

For those who like a bit of denim.

For those wanting to take makeup off.

For those interested in money.

For those wanting a perfect cat eye flick.

For those wanting to know me.

Find me here too!

2 comments:

  1. I definitely need to read more - 48 books is so good, I don't think I managed more than three this year but hopefully 2016 will be different!

    Caz | thisiscaz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Bee at Vivatramp who inspired me to read constantly last year. I think she's started again this year. I love reading her reviews.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test