Tuesday, 22 December 2015

WEAR: The New Years Party Dress


I bought this dress on Black Friday. It was still way more than I would ever want to pay for a single dress - cos I'm tight like that - but I'd been into several stores and been drawn to it and touched it and cooed over it and almost, almost bought it full price (before coming to my senses) so when I saw it at half price I bought it immediately.

My sole purchase that day.

Best purchase for myself I've made in a long time.

I absolutely adore French Connection. I would wear pretty much anything from their collections and feel good whilst doing so. Their sizing caters for my weird shape - I have no boobs, but have pretty large hips for my body - a size six fits like a dream.

NOTE: I'm not a size six anywhere else.

Anyway, I wore this to a Christmas party and loved it. It's cut in a smock-like fashion so although it's heavily embroidered on the front with a bit on the back, there's an absolute ton of material and it swishes about and thankfully hides a food baby without going too far and looking bag-like.

I love the sleeves, it's a sheer material so if you're like me and you like a bit of cover on your arms, it's perfect. And the length is just right - not too high, not too low.

To be honest, I have so many French Connection dresses and could easily rave about each one just like this, but for this season this is my Must Have dress.

Just need to get myself the burgundy version now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test