Tuesday, 19 January 2016

BAKE: Oat bran and Blueberry Muffins


Beagles love blueberries. Well, so do I.

I also love a good muffin. Though, before baking these I'd never tried a breakfast muffin before. These beauties are made with spelt flour, oatbran and do not have any oil in them - something that usually features highly in any recipe for muffins I've used before.

These are perfect for those mornings where time seems to be running really fast, but you are not. And you're late. And you're rushing out of the door. Hello, me every morning.

This are the ingredients I used, though in the original recipe much more fruit was used (which next time I'll heed).

200g butter
75g light brown sugar
100g oat bran
200g oats
200g spelt flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp bicarb
A handful of chopped almonds
2 eggs
350ml yoghurt
60g blueberries

Melt the butter and sugar together and then leave to cool whilst you bash the bran, almonds, oats, salt, bicarb and flour in a bowl. In another separate bowl (sorry for the washing up here) beat the eggs and yoghurt together and throw in the fruit. I wish I'd've used more fruit because these exact muffins were pretty dry (I ate them whilst dipping them in Quark like little biscuits in tea) so feel free to bash a load more in. The original recipe states to use 250g of fruit so add as much or as little as you prefer. I just ran out of blueberries.

Mix the melted butter mix in with the yoghurt mix and then mix that into the dry mix. So much mixing. Mine was pretty a pretty sticky rigid texture so I took a good palmful to make each muffin. In total this made 30, but you can see they're cute and small.

Bash these in the oven for 25 minutes at 170C and try not to devour all of them immediately when your timer starts ringing.

Find me here too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test