Monday, 11 January 2016

COOK: Baked Eggs and Blue Cheese


I wouldn't say I was huge fan of blue cheese - despite always choosing the Blackjack cheese dip at Frankie and Bennys. However, with the leftover Christmas cheese selection gradually hardening off in the fridge, I thought using the cheese in something would encourage me to use it up.

Baked eggs have always intrigued me. I've never had them. Never seen them on a menu in any restaurant I've eaten at. And randomly never actually tried making them myself. Until now.

For this recipe for one person I used:

one egg
90(ish)ml double cream
a knob of cheese
a sprinkling of dried mixed herbs

To begin, set your oven to about 180C and find a ramekin (I've seen people use one dip in a muffin tin for this too). Mash the cheese and cream together in a bowl and mix in the herbs. Bash the mix into the ramekin and crack an egg over the top. Put this into a bain marie (basically find a dish to set your ramekin into and fill it with boiling water to about halfway up the sides of your ramekin). Pop this into the oven for as long as it takes for your egg white to have cooked through.

Then get dipping!

Find me here too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test