Wednesday, 24 February 2016

BAKE: Healthy Scones


Who doesn't love a scone? I'm partial, gotta say.

In a bid to be healthier and also create something that I'm actually going to enjoy eating I came across a suuuper healthy recipe in the Leon Cookbook. After a quick skeg through, I decided it would probably take me hours and I wouldn't like them so it'd be a waste, so I developed my own, sugar free, version of healthy scones. I'll admit, they're a bit dry, but as a first attempt at developing a recipe fit for my own needs, it's nothing a bit of butter can't fix.

If you'd like to make your own (to eat before they fully cool with melting butter all over your fingers like I did) then here you go:

100g spelt flour
100g self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
40g butter
pinch of salt
Bit of milk

Put all your dry ingredients into a bowl and rub in the butter until the mix looks like breadcrumbs. Then add in enough milk to bring the mix together into a workable ball - not too sticky. Roll out on a floured surface and cut into as many big or small rounds as you'd like. I went for a medium sort of size and ended up with about 7 scones. Bash in the oven at 200C for about 10 minutes.

I especially like this recipe because it makes a small batch so nothing has chance to go off.

Find me here too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test