Wednesday, 30 March 2016

BAKE: Shortbread Rounds




In a bid to use up our endless egg supply, I began making these little biscuits to partway through realise... there are no eggs used in the creation of these.

I don't mind though because they get eaten so fast; meaning I need to make something that takes us longer to consume; meaning I will eventually use up our eggs.



 200g butter
120g golden caster sugar
120g ground rice
220g plain flour
pinch of salt

Cream together the butter and sugar, then mix  in the flour, rice and salt until it becomes that breadcrumby type of mix. Squish it into a ball, wrap with clingfilm and pop in the fridge overnight.

You can leave it in the fridge for as long as you want. I made a batch then cut it up into different sized balls and made a batch every couple of days throughout the week to make sure I had a biscuit or two (or seven) to take to work with me for lunch.

When I decided to actually bake, I took a ball out, rolled it to a reasonable thickness and cut out with a round cutter. These ones were pretty small, because they're super hard to resist when they first come out the oven, so we had a ton to eat this time.

The mix is very crumbly, but with a bit of work it does stick together long enough to cut out and move onto the tray. Sprinkle the tops with sugar or extra crunchiness.

I would use greaseproof paper, but I got lazy and threw a bit of flour on the tray instead.

Whack in the oven at 190C for ten minutes or until golden brown and devour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test