Monday, 4 April 2016

REVIEW: L'Oreal Infallible Matte Max Lipstick





Since my first dabble with lip products earlier this year I've decided that dark, colourful lips are more suited to my skin than light, beigey ones. I enjoy wearing them more and I get a lot more use out of them.

So on my latest shopping trip I picked up the Matte Max Lipstick in Oops I Pink It Again

It's part of the new L'Oreal Infallible range and despite being tempted by the other products, this one stole the show for me.


It's a weird concept for applying lipstick for me and I didn't figure it out until I got home - the colour is actually in the lid and when you screw the cap back onto the sponge, the sponge picks the colour up ready for you to apply it the next time. It's the sponge that allows you to create ombre, faded or bold colour on your lips. A super idea, though one I thought might have it's downfalls.

I was wrong. As far as I can tell, there are no downfalls.

The sponge allows for an unexpected precision when applying and because the product is so velvety and soft, the sponge glides over my lips and creates a really quick, but bold finish. I like that because the texture is so soft, it's feels like I have absolutely nothing on my lips - a plus for a lipstick n00b like me.

The picture shows this product to be a really bright pink and it is on the sponge, but on my lips it applies like a stain so it's a lot sheerer than that block colour you can see up there. It is buildable and it is still bright, but not that bright - I would compare it more to a mix between a rosé and a red wine colour.

As for the claim of 8 hours of wear, I wouldn't go that far. I wore it on a day off completing admin and going to the Post Office and I had to reapply (although just in the centre of my lips) a couple of times. However, it never once transferred majorly onto my hands (I tend to rub my face a lot) and it never gave me a pink tooth, so for those reasons this is now top of my lip product list.


Find me here too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test