Sunday, 15 May 2016

LIFE: Happy Birthday Grandma


Today would have been my Grandma's eighty eighth birthday.

She died almost ten years ago now. I can't believe it. It's been ten whole years since I saw her last.

Even writing that makes tears tumble down my face.

I can't actually express how much I miss her. How much I want to hug her. To breathe in her perfume from a blue cardi and feel completely and utterly safe.

Her death signified my coming of age. I saw people for what people are. Greedy. Nasty. Selfish. She protected me from all that. And I miss being naive and young. I was never disappointed or hurt when she was around.

It's rare to find someone who knows you and understands you completely. She was that person for me.

Love you Grandma.


Find me here too!
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test