Monday, 23 May 2016

REVIEW: Kind Natured Shampoo and Conditioner


I'm all for volume. My hair is so clingy to my scalp and I severely dislike that feature of my mane.

When I saw this Kind Natured Volumising duo I was pretty doubtful that it would do anything to boost my follicles. But, as they say, never judge a book by it's cover.

Although we all still do.


Lets start with the packaging. I LOVE the packaging. It's clear, concise, I like how simple the colouring is (the colour differs for different ingredients) and it's also easy to see how much product is left in the shampoo. They look a lot more expensive than they are, which I like. (Always one for impressing the MIL).

The second thing I'd like to point out is the smell. This is a Rosemary and Mint version, but it also includes Ginseng and Ginger to really invigorate your hair and you nostrils. Of all the options available, this scent was my favourite. Added to the fact it's meant to 'add oomph' to my hair, I was all in.

The third thing (I am on a roll today) is obviously that it's 97% natural. Something I really appreciate in a product I intend to use daily. It is free from Sulphates, Parabens and Petrochemicals - all of which can negatively affect your hair and your environment so for the results I got I was impressed.

It's not a particularly well foaming product, but it's not hard to cover all of my hair whilst washing to really thoroughly cleanse. It recommends massaging it into my scalp for a minute, but I spend on average four minutes from start to finish on a morning with my hair in the sink. That's including rinsing and towelling dry. I'm low maintenance, what can I say?

The conditioner isn't at all greasy which was a pleasant surprise (the other natural products I've used in the past have been a bit oily and made my hair limp). It's not particularly conditioning to the degree of a 'normal' conditioner so my ends are drier than normal, but because I use it alongside the naturally un-stripping shampoo, my hair is softer than usual.

Swings and roundabouts.

Overall I'm enjoying using it. The scent doesn't linger too long, but it's great on a morning to wake me up. I wouldn't say it was volumising in the slightest which was a bit of a disappointment, but it didn't weigh my hair down either so my follicles were clean and happy.

I would say that this would probably have more effect over a longer period of use. I've been using it daily for a week and maybe there has been a little bit of a difference to the texture of my hair, but it's not what I would call a typical amount of 'volumising' in the haircare world.

For under £4, I would recommend trying this product and seeing if it impact your mane more than mine. As I say it cleans my hair and it feels a lot softer since using this product so there has been a difference, if not the one I was expecting.


Find me here too!
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test