Monday, 6 June 2016

REVIEW: L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation


I kept seeing this popping up everywhere and I held out, I really did, for all of about a week and then I gave in and bought it.

There's two parts to this item: firstly the applicator which is a take on the powder puffs of old. It's circular, soft and has a ribbon on the back that you slide your fingers under to help hold it while applying product. The second part is the actual foundation. It's held in a sponge so when you press the applicator into it the product transfers across very evenly. Or, I'm guessing that's what they hoped anyway.

I'm unsure whether I like the applicator or not. I can see how it should work, but I think I prefer to use a Beauty Blender or something that's a bit easier to hold. I find a Beauty Blender creates a much longer lasting finish too. When I used the applicator, I noticed that around the sweatier areas of my face the product lifted and started to slide.

After initial application though, I love it. The glow, the skinlike texture, everything. Initially it's great. It just doesn't last long when using the applicator. 

Using a different sponge though, it lasts a little bit longer.

If I was L'Oreal, I would ditch the applicator. I love the packaging up until I have to open the second part of it. It's a faff, it's sometimes difficult to hold or to put down whilst using and I don't really see the point.

Well, I do. But, it's not as effective as L'Oreal might have intended.

Overall as a foundation it's a good addition to the collection. It's affordable at under a tenner and with the right application it can be reasonably long lasting - though I reckon with a better primer than I have and with more effort put into a daily makeup routine it might last all day.

Have you tried this yet? What did you think?


Find me here too!
Follow

1 comment:

  1. I've put off buying this because I think that I thought the same about the powder puff - it's just not an applicator I would typically use and I felt as though it wasn't for me; but now I think perhaps I will invest, but I'll just have to work around the applicator!

    Sammy xo.
    www.littlefickle.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test