Wednesday, 6 July 2016

LIFE: Best Friends



I have a lot of acquaintances, but few friends.

I have one friend who stands out as the BEST friend of my life. I can't imagine never seeing her lovely face again. If I were to number how many actual friends I have, I'd say three. One I check in with about twice a year, one from work, and this best friend - who despite living on opposite sides of England will forever be the person I want to share any discoveries with.

It's rare to have that relationship with anyone. Let alone someone who'll stay that person after moving away, living a different life, meeting different friends.


NOTE: The Lad is obvs my bestest best friend, but seeing as he's also in the category of 'other half' he's voided out of this discussion.

So, we've been friends since we were ten. Best friends from about sixteen. We're now both twentysix.

You might be wondering why I'm telling you this. 

Well, I just want to dedicate this directly to all of your best friends, close friends, friends you can trust, people who'll support you, encourage you, console you. 

Everyone has someone that fills one of those roles, if not all. 

And mine played her part brilliantly these past few weeks. I love her and who she's grown into over the past decade or so.


Find me here too!
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test