Sunday, 16 October 2016

EAT: The Lamb and Lion York

(Source)

For the Lads birthday I decided to take him out to one of the best pub/restaurants in York at the moment - The Lamb and Lion - and booked us and a few friends in to dine there last week. I didn't really know what to expect. 

I'd been told it was good.  I usually go for those kind of recommendations.

We got there pretty late due to work, the table was booked for 8:30pm, but the front of the pub was still super packed out. The layout is really cosy with different snug type rooms with just a few tables in each. Makes it quite an intimate place to eat.


Firstly, the ale! They had a lot of York Brewery on tap which was well received. And the portion sizes of each dish was incredible!


After a starter and a main we were all stuffed. Shame! The dessert menu looked fantastic.

The service was good -  very polite and smart, but lacked the character I thought they would have as a 'public house'. The food was meaty and full of flavour, the staff weren't.

Having said that, they were prompt with refilling drinks and tidying the table when we finished. 

Overall, I would definately recommend visiting The Lamb and Lion. I'm going to try and get there on a sunny afternoon to sit on their terrace at the back - apparently it's very secluded and pretty.



Find me here too!
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Skimlinks Test